Payments and Cancellation:
Cancellation can be done 7 days before arrival. 50% non-refundable fees will be charged at time of booking. Full amount fees will be charged in case of no-show.
To Our Cottages Rental Guests,
Thank you for choosing Doran Bay Resort. Everything in the rental unit is provided for your comfort and convenience while you are staying in the unit. Promptly report any problems you may encounter with the rental unit to the office. Please familiarize yourself with the following rules and with all information provided regarding rental of our cottages.
Thank you and enjoy your stay!
Doran Bay Resort Rental Manager
CHECK IN TIME IS 2:00 PM / CHECK OUT TIME IS 10.00 AM.
We request you check with Doran Bay Resort rental manager if you want to check out late.
• RESERVATIONS: To confirm your reservations, we require a credit card payment details. 50% non-refundable payment is required at the time of booking. Cancellation is only accepted 7 days before arrival. No refund in case of no-show.
• PET POLICY: Only small pets under 10lbs are allowed in the cottages. The resort may make a rare exception for service dog, weighs less than 16 pounds, and is potty trained and well behaved. Non-immunized, sick, flea-infested, vicious, or loud dogs will not be allowed. The dog must be on a leash and be picked up after. On the day housekeepers are scheduled to clean, the tenant must make sure the pet is secured in a crate or has temporarily left with the tenant.
• SMOKING: No smoking is allowed in the cottages. Cottages with a cigarette smell during or after your stay OR where butts and ashes can be found will be considered in violation of this rule. Please be considerate of all of our guests and step out on the patio and to smoke. Please make sure doors and windows are closed so the cigarette smoke is not blown inside the cottage. Remember to dispose your ashes and cigarette butts properly. Open flames as well as lighting any types of candles or incense are not allowed. Tampering with the smoke detection device is prohibited.
• FINES: A fine of $50.00 will be imposed on renters who violate the pets or no smoking policy.
• OCCUPANCY: Each unit that has only one queen sized bed is allowed up to TWO people. Each unit with a two queen sized beds is allowed FOUR people. A fold out futon is allowed up to 1 or two people. Each unit is allowed up to one parking spaces. Please notify Doran Bay Resort of the number of guests staying in your cottage. Failure to do so may result in extra charges automatically applied to your credit card. The maximum occupancy for each unit is highly monitored. Doran Bay Resort has the right to inspect the number of people in your party. Any party exceeding the maximum occupancy is reason for $20 charges per day. Only registered guests can occupy the units.
• HOUSEKEEPING: Cottage will be cleaned upon the guests' arrival and cleaned again after their departure. Cottages being rented on a weekly basis will be cleaned once a week. Renters can NOT choose to "opt out" of this weekly cleaning. The housekeeper must be able to access all rooms. If you prefer a certain day or time for the cleaning service, please notify the front desk in advance. Because we do not offer a safe in each cottage, we ask that you find your own way or securing all of your valuables and keep them with you.
• TOILETRIES & AMENITIES: We provide only bar and hand wash soap. We provide toilet papers/ dishwashing liquid/ scourers. Doran Bay Resort does offer some personal supplies. • Do not place hot items directly on tables, counters, or furniture; always use a hot pad. Pots and pans are for stove top use only. Do not use pots, pans, or any type of metal or alloy product in the microwave.
• TOWELS & LINENS: DO NOT use towels for make-up removal, machinery, grease, shoes, or anything that will leave stains. Do not hang towels or clothes on shower curtain rod -- use towel bars or hooks. Do not put wet or damp items on beds, furniture, or floor. Leave pillows, blankets, and bedspreads on bed. Do not use Doran Bay Resort blankets, pillows, towels, and linens outdoors and do not remove them from the premise.
•CLEANING: Guest(s) agree and acknowledge that they will return the cabin back - close to the state of cleanliness to which it was received upon arrival. This includes cleaning of all kitchen items and utensils, wiping down surfaces, and light sweeping of title floors. Guest(s) must place all waste into the trash and empty out closets, dressers, and kitchen appliances. Make sure all used towels are left in the shower or bathtub and not on the floors when checking out. Please wash dishes, wipe counters, table, chairs, stove/ oven, and inside of refrigerator and microwave. Barbecue should be left clean after cooking and all the barbecue utensils to be washed and put back on barbecue. The propane tank should be closed after use. There is a $50 minimum fee if housekeeping has to wash or rewash the dishes, cookware, and/ or utensils. YOUARE RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURNING THE COTTAGE TO A REASONABLY CLEAN CONDITION.
• TRASH REMOVAL: Guest(s) are responsible for removing all trash and disposing them in the garbage shed by garage before leaving. If you bag up your trash nice and neat and leave it by the front door, there will be a $10 minimum fee for the housekeepers to dump them for you. If the housekeepers have to gather an excessive amount of trash from inside the cottage to dispose of them then additional charges will be accessed.
• CHECK OUT TIME: Check out time is 10:00 am. We will charge your credit card $30.00 beginning at 1:00 pm and for every hour you're late checking out until 3:00 pm. Anything past 3:00 pm will be charged a full one night rate (in addition to the hourly late charges already added) of the unit in which you are staying. It is crucial you check out in time so not to disrupt other reservations we may have.
•WHEN CHECKING OUT: Do NOT turn off refrigerators. Do turn off fans, TV/VCR/DVD's and indoor lights and porch lights. Lock windows and doors. NEVER leave the cottage keys inside the cottage and the doors unlocked. You must check out with the front office before leaving the resort in person or by phone. If you are planning for a late check out you must notify the front desk of your plans.
• INSPECTIONS: All Cottages are inspected and cleaned before and after your stay. You are responsible for any damages or missing items incurred during your stay and until you lock the cottage and return your keys back to the front office. You will be charged for any damage or missing items upon your departure.
• INVENTORY: A full written inventory has been taken of each cottage and Doran Bay Resort will conduct an inspection upon your departure. If damages (other than “ordinary wear and tear”) are found – or towels, and/or property are missing (in addition, any cleaning and/or trash removal deemed excessive by the property owner or the cleaning service) a retail damage price will be assessed and charged to the guest’s credit card on file. If you find something damaged shortly after you check in, please let us know immediately and we will make every effort to come to a reasonable resolution to the situation.
• SAFETY: Safety and security is the sole responsibility of the Guest. Owner(s) or its agent assume no responsibility or liability for the safety or security of the guests, or for injury caused by the criminal acts of other persons. Guests should ensure that all doors and windows are locked at all times, and guest must immediately notify Doran Bay Resort if any locks become inoperative. Guest shall not store any combustibles on premises. Nudity visible form outside your cottage, excessive profanity, and excessive noise will result in eviction without refund.
• ALTERATIONS: No alterations, additions or improvements to the cabin (including the application of paints, stains, nails or screws to the woodwork, walls, floors or furnishings). Guest(s) acknowledges and understands that all furnishings/furniture in the cabin are in place as the Owner(s) wish them. Guest(s) agrees to pay not less than $50 if furniture is rearranged in such a manner that results in cleaning services being delayed. Such cost will be deducted from the the credit card on file.
• INSURANCE: Renter acknowledges that owners insurance does not cover personal property damage caused by fire, theft, rain, war, acts of God, acts of others, and/or any other causes, nor shall owners be held liable for such losses. Renter is hereby advised to obtain their own insurance policy to cover any personal losses.
• LOST AND FOUND: We are not responsible for any loss of money, jewelry, valuables of any kind ... or any damage incurred to guest’s motor vehicles or their contents.